Thursday, December 14, 2006

<3


Life is funny, its like a ball of play dough. You can make it into what ever you want it to be, sometimes it just takes a bit of practice first. And if you want to make a masterpiece, all you need is some people to share their play dough with you.

Life takes so many twists and turns, sometimes you just can't keep up. I have come to the decision that as much as you do have control of your own life, sometimes the people in it decide to take you on a rollercoaster. And you just have to sit and enjoy the ride. Sometimes the ride is amazing, sometimes it's not. You just have to learn to accept that, and love the whole trip. You have to like the unexpected, but be ready for it to pop up at any time. You have to welcome change, and stare a challenge in the eyes and hope to overcome it. You have to wake up with a smile, and go to bed with no regrets. You have to make sure the ones you love know that they mean everything to you. You have to take care of yourself, but make sure that it doesn't effect the ones around you in a neggative way. Most of all, you have to learn to embrace life and all its flaws.

In the past year I have grown. I used to let all of lifes unfortunate events hit me straight on, and let the wound bleed. I covered the ground I stood on in tears. I let the darkness devour me. But I now know that there is no time to let that happen. As long as the days seem, and the years drag on, life is short. If you only opened your eyes and looked around you can see that. The world is a beautiful place, and if you have special people in your life it makes it a whole lot better. I thank everyone who has helped me see that. Don't waste the time you have dwelling on the neggative, your time could be up tomorrow. Don't bother with the 'what if's?' because in the end, if its a wrong choice its a lesson, and if it was a good choice you have gained something.

Life is beautiful. Your family is beautiful. Your friends are beautiful. Your lover is beautiful. Take advantage of all the beauty around you.

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jade, what an amazing way to look at life and the world. You make me proud to be your mum. You write so beautifully too. :)
Love Mama