Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happiness in a week.


Just thought I would share a little post about what has happened during Christmas until now.

Christmas was amazing this year. I got such a sense of wonder giving my gifts to my family, everyone seemed very surprised and extremely thankful. Christmas eve I spent with Mama, Daddy and Nan. It was so much fun and I felt those butterflies you do when you are young. I made both my parents and my nan a handmade gift each which once again reduced them to tears, oh how I love my power over people! No on a serious note, it was beautiful, having the ability to draw such strong emotions from people because of something you made is a fantastic feeling.

Christmas day was great, Aaron and I got to Nans early so I could help her with food and such. Aaron becomes so much more relaxed each time he is around my family, one day they will be able to see the boy I see everyday. He was so affectionate though which makes me feel very special. It was great spending time with Daddy as well, we don't get to hang out in that kind of situation much, but it always amazes me just how proud I am of him, how proud I am to be his daughter, especially around my family. I got to spend the day with my two favorite boys. Everyone congratulated Aaron and myself and the atmosphere was really calm (which is an achievement when it's a good 40 degrees outside).
All in all, I have my christmas spirit back.

Aaron has had a week and a bit off so it's been fantastic having him home and spending some time together by ourselves. On Sunday we had all of our friends over, including Steph and Vanessa, it was so much fun having some female company and I love spending time with them both. Steph stayed over for the night and we had a couple of drinks, played games, listened to music and talked all night.

Yesterday I had a very bad headache and my coping method was a little bit of retail therapy on strawberrynet. I bought two Clairns lip tints and a Tigi hair treatment. I can't wait for it to arrive.


So there is a little recount of my past week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK babe, you've done it again, reducing me to tears ;) You've just left and dad and I read your blog like you told us to :) Thank you for the things you write Jadie. We had such a lovely time with you too and yes, your gifts do seem to reduce us to tears LOL. I heard a lovely sound from your dad when I read him the bit about you spending time with him. :)
Had a lovely day today with you and wish you and Aaron a happy new year. Hope that 2010 is the best year.
Love you baby. xxx Mama